Opening mid-November 2014, Lakeview Paradise RV Resort is a first class recreational vehicle resort on beautiful Cocodrie Lake in Monterey, Louisiana, just a couple of hours away from Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Monroe and Shreveport, Louisiana and Jackson, Mississippi. The Lake is one of several connected waterways that offer an excellent variety of fishing, cruising and water sports extending for over 80 miles through Concordia Parish and adjoining parishes in east central Louisiana. The Lake is located within 20 minutes of thousands of acres of public hunting lands brimming with wildlife, as well as hundreds of acres of privately-owned lands which are available for chartered hunting.
The RV resort is situated on 9+ acres of prime real estate located next to Joe’s Horseshoe Marina where Bayou Cross Cocodrie meets Cocodrie Lake on Highway 129. The RV Resort site gives breath-taking views of the entire Lake in each direction as far as the eye can see. Three large lighted fountains along the Lake provide a spectacular addition to the scenic natural beauty of the Lake. The resort has a wide promenade extending the full length of the park along the Lake which is accessible to all RVers in the resort.
The resort offers 60 paved sites with full sewer, water and 30/50 amp electrical hookups and side vehicle parking spaces, with 14 platinum sites along the lake, 11 gold sites in the next row and 35 silver sites along the roads leading back to the highway. The park office features two restrooms with showers and laundry facilities. The amenities include an overflow parking lot across from the resort for guest, boat and ATV trailer parking. The marina in front of the park offers a free boat launch right before the entrance to the park. The park offers a multi-use common area pavilion and large dock next to the boat launch for parties and easy access to watercraft and the connecting promenade.
Park Rules: The following rules must be followed and obeyed by all Registered Persons and Additional Guests from arrival through departure:
1. All persons renting RV Sites or Cabins must be at least 21 years of age and must remain on the Park Grounds at all times while any other Registered Person or Additional Guest is present at the RV Site or Cabin.
2. Any early arrival prior to the check-in times set forth above will subject the Registered Persons to a $5.00 per hour charge.
3. Dumping gray water on the Park Grounds is not permitted. Each RV Site has its own onsite sewer connection. The use of sewer donuts or other spill-preventative equipment is encouraged.
4. No all-terrain vehicles, electric or gas scooters or electric golf carts may be driven on any Park Ground grass areas, sidewalks or the Promenade along the Lake; and the speed limit of any such vehicles, scooters and carts shall not exceed five (5) MPH while on Park Grounds.
5. There will be no parking of RVs or vehicles of any kind along the Park Grounds roads; all RVs must be parked on the rented RV Site and all vehicles must be parked either on the rented RV or Cabin Site, on the designated parking space(s) adjacent to the RV or Cabin Site or in the additional parking areas provided on the Park Grounds or elsewhere off of the Park Grounds.
6. Parking passes must be displayed on the dashboard of all vehicles at all times while on the Park Grounds. All roads on the Park Grounds must remain clear of parked vehicles and shall be maintained in an unobstructed manner to allow the free travel of RVs and authorized vehicles thereon at all times. The owner or driver of any vehicle improperly parked on the Park Grounds shall bear full responsibility for any towing charges incurred in the removal of such vehicle.
7. Registered Persons who have rented the RV or Cabin Site are responsible for keeping the Site clean and free of trash, garbage, cigarette butts and other debris. Trash and garbage shall be stored in sealed disposable bags, which must be put out by the entrance to the RV or Cabin Site between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. daily for pickup by Park personnel. Dumpsters on the Park Grounds are restricted to collection of such trash and garbage bags of RV and Cabin Site guests and may not be used for the disposal of any other material or debris.
8. No unattended pets on the Park Grounds are permitted unless in an enclosure authorized by the Park Manager. No pets are allowed in Cabins without specific authorization from the Park Manager.
9. Parents or other adults having custody of children are responsible for the safety and behavior of all children present on the Park Grounds.
10. No child under the age of fifteen years of age is allowed to use any paddleboat, jetski, canoe, kayak or other watercraft launched from the Park Grounds or to use any dock on the Lake along the Park Grounds except under the direct and constant supervision of a responsible adult.
11. The Lake bank along the Park Grounds is not safe for diving or otherwise entering the water; the water next to the Lake bank is shallow and/or of uneven depth and may conceal rocks, riprap or other debris or underwater materials or structures which can cause serious injury or death; and all precautions must be taken not to enter the water from the Lake bank.
12. The property and privacy of all Registered Persons and Additional Guests must be respected and observed at all times and access throughout the Park Grounds is restricted to the roads, sidewalks and Promenade located thereon.
13. Fires are only allowed in above-ground pits and must be fully extinguished when not attended. The ashes from fires must be properly disposed of once extinguished in sealed trash or garbage bags.
14. All RV and Cabin Sites must observe a noise-abatement period between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
15. Excessive noise, nuisance, public intoxication, illegal drug use or sale or exchange, nudity, foul or offensive language and the discharge of explosives, fireworks and firearms on Park Grounds are not permitted at any time.
Rates: Winter rates (October-March)
Platinum RV sites (lakefront): $40/night
Gold RV sites: $35/night
Silver RV sites: $30/night
Discounts available for weekly and monthly rentals, please call or email for further information.
Local Interest: Natchez Balloon Festival: The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race is held about 30 minutes from the resort in Natchez, Mississippi from Friday through Sunday in October each year. The festival features two daily balloon races over the ante bellum homes and Mississippi River which can be seen from the fairground in Natchez; live music; carnival rides; balloon rides; crafts; local food; and merchandise.
Jim Bowie Festival: The State Championship Jim Bowie BBQ Throwdown is held about 25 minutes from the resort in Vidalia, Louisiana on a Saturday and Sunday in late September each year along the Mississippi River. The festival features Louisiana cuisine, live music, authentic crafts, a barbeque cook-off with cash prizes and more.
Frogmore Plantation: Frogmore Plantation, a fully-operational and historic cotton plantation located about 10 miles from the resort, offers daily guided tours and reveals the full history of plantation life and civil war experiences of the area, with the antebellum home, 18 restored buildings and an authentic steam cotton gin, dating back to the 1800s.
Natchez: Located about 30 minutes from the resort, this city is steeped in history, offering Pilgrimage tours of several antebellum homes from the glory days of the South; the Natchez Blues Fest in the Spring and other colorful and entertaining events throughout the year. A riverboat casino on the river in Natchez Under the Hill offers the opportunity to try your luck at several traditional games of chance. In addition, numerous restaurants, antique stores and shops make a trip to Natchez worthwhile.