It is our goal that everyone who visits GrandView will have a wonderful camping experience and create many fond memories. To assure this, please review the policies below.
1. Overall, please be courteous to staff and all other campers. We want everyone to have a good time.
2. According to Connecticut State Law, all campers, visitors and guests MUST be registered with the office and vehicle and RV passes MUST be displayed at all times while inside the park. Visitors and guests will be subject to a day use charge. Please inform your visitors and guests of this policy.
3. All campfires must be closing down by 11 p.m. In anticipation of this, please do not add wood after 10:30 pm. Fires must be tended at all times and extinguished at night. Campfires are only allowed in designated fire pits. Per Fire Marshall requirements we do not allow outside firewood to be brought into the park. Firewood is available for purchase at the camp office. Fires are not to exceed a maximum of 3 feet. The cutting of any trees/vegetation is strictly prohibited. No trash is to be in the fire pit at departure.
4. Quiet Hours: Sunday through Thursday from 10PM to 8AM; Friday and Saturday from 11pm to 8am. These hours are strictly enforced. If you are entering the park after quiet hours, please be considerate of your neighbors and do not disturb. No excessive idling of engines is allowed in the park.
5. One vehicle and one tow vehicle are allowed per site. Additional vehicles may be left in parking area determined by the park owner. Parking is not allowed on any roadways or in unoccupied sites. You are allowed one RV and one tent, or two tents, per site. No more than 8 people may occupy one site.
6. Everyone is responsible for disposing of their own trash. Please use the dumpsters for refuse, and help us recycle by using the receptacles provided.
7. To protect our trees - nothing is to be tied, nailed or affixed to trees.
8. Pets must be leashed at all times – no exceptions. You must clean up after your pet(s). Campers with pets that become a nuisance or are disturbing fellow campers due to continuous barking/noise will be asked to leave the park. Unhealthy, aggressive, or females in heat are not allowed. Be sure to bring health records for your pet with you for check-in. No pets allowed in cabins, office, pool area or other buildings.
9. The speed limit anywhere within the park is 5 MPH and is strictly enforced.
10. No waste water is to be drained onto the ground – this is a Connecticut state law. Dump station is on site. Honey Wagon pumpout available for a fee.
11. Children 17 and younger must be on their site by quiet hour unless supervised by someone over the age of 21. Parents will at all times be fully responsible for the conduct of their children and any visitor’s children while on park property. Parents will be held responsible for any destruction or damage done to park property by their children. Children 17 and under may not be left in the park unattended at anytime. Children under the age of 6 may not leave their site, unless they are supervised by an appropriate guardian.
12. Check-out time is 12:00 Noon. Check-in time is from 3pm to 9pm.
13. Motorcycles are allowed in the park only when riding directly to and from site.
14. There are no lifeguards on duty at the pool. Parents and/or adult guardian are required to supervise their children when at the pool. You are required to read and abide by rules posted on pool gates. Pool is open from 8 a.m. to dusk, and closed during inclement weather.
15. All bikes, scooters, etc. must be back at your site by dusk. Any child under the age of 16 must wear a helmet while biking at all times while in the park per Connecticut State Law. No electric or gas scooters are allowed.
16. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages is not tolerated and such can result in immediate removable from the park. Kegs are not allowed.
17. No Fireworks or Firearms of any kind allowed on premises.
18. No refunds due to weather or circumstances that are out of our control.
Anyone that chooses not to adhere to these policies may be required to leave the park IMMEDIATELY, with no refund.