Family Campgrounds Planning Special Activities for Mother's Day Weekend
It’s standard practice in America to take mom out to a great restaurant on Mother’s Day.
But why not give her a Mother’s Day memory she’ll never forget by taking her to a campground with special Mother’s Day weekend activities?
Across the country, family campgrounds celebrate Mother’s Day with everything from special arts and crafts activities to wine and cheese tastings, as well as massages, manicures and pedicures and other special events.
At Pioneer Campground in LaPorte, Penn., children will be invited to paint portraits of their mothers. “We provide the art supplies. You be the model and watch your kids create a masterpiece,” the park proclaims on its website.
And, if you think Mom could use a laugh, consider Land O Lakes Family Campground in Covington, La., whose Mother’s Day weekend activities include an “All Male Fashion Drag Show.”
Use our campground search tool to find family owned and operated campgrounds in your area. You can then visit the websites of these parks to check their activity schedules for Mother’s Day weekend. Here’s a sampling of Mother’s Day weekend activities taking place at family owned and operated campgrounds across country.
- Buttonwood Campground in Mexico, Penn.: This campground will have craft activities for children to make gifts for their mothers. A special breakfast for Mom will also take place on Saturday and moms will be given a tour of the campground’s garden and art gallery.
- Indian Trails Campground in Pardeeville, Wis.: Mother’s Day weekend events at this park include moms-only bingo; a kids craft and card activity; and a women’s expo and crafts show. Moms also receive free coffee and complimentary homemade donuts on Sunday morning.
- Moose River Campground, Saint Johnsbury, Vt.: This park is planning a pancake breakfast or everyone and flowers for all mothers.
- Mountain Vista Campground in Stroudsburg, Penn.: This Pocono Mountains campground offers a wide variety of Mother’s Day weekend activities, including a “Mom versus Me rolling pin toss,” gift making activities and “Sweets, Treats and Champagne Bingo.”
- Pine Acres Campground, Oakham, Mass: Activities at this central Massachusetts campground include an ugly dress contest. The campground is a 90-minute drive from Boston.
- Pineland Camping Park in Arkdale, Wis.: Mother’s Day weekend activities at this park include a morning “Power Walk” with Mimosas as well as “pampering booths” with wine and cheese tastings.
- Smokey Hollow Campground in Lodi, Wis.: Activities at this campground include airbrushed tattoos; gift making for Mom; glow-in-the-dark miniature golf and a “girls only” mini tea part with mom.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest in Harrisville, Penn.: Mother’s Day weekend activities at this western Pennsylvania campground include a mother-child scavenger hunt and a free breakfast for Mom. This campground is just under an hour east of Youngstown, Ohio and 90 minutes south of Erie, Penn.